Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For all of you "second hand smoke" ninnies.

On 7/4/2016 4:57 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 4 Jul 2016 12:48:08 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

I'm a former smoker and know how tough it is to quit. I've known of
several smokers that died of lung cancer before their time, even a
professor on the surgeon general's committee that proclaimed that
smoking causes lung cancer. I talked to him for 20 minutes while he
smoked 4 Larks. Said he thought the charcoal filters took out some of
the carcinogens.

If someone smokes, that's their business and I don't believe that many
people are made ill by second hand smoke as toxicity is always dose related.

I can often tell there is someone smoking upwind even before I smell
the smoke - particularly if they are smoking menthols - because I all
of a sudden have difficulty breat[And of course, the pro smokers will declare that you're lying, just as good trolls tend to do.]hing.. I don't go out into places I'm
likely to meet smokers without my Bricanyl inhaler in my pocket - just
to be safe. Sometimes it's just very irritating - other times it is
very debilitating.

OTOH smokers do not realize how badly they can smell to others. If I am
walking in the park and a car with a smoker in it passes me in the paths
along the road, I can often smell them. I would not let my smoker
mother smoke in my house but when she visited the closet where she hung
her coat would smell for a week.

Center posted, as your text is.

-
..