Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Roof tiles made of bitumen?

I recall that although some tiles look like tiles in Spain, when I touched
one it was quite pliable as if it was made of some form of rubber.
it was red. I never thought about it again till today. I suppose there has
to be many different materials out there for roofing that we don't know
about.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 04 Jul 2016 00:56:00 +0100, ss wrote:

On 04/07/2016 00:16, James Wilkinson wrote:
I had them on a roof on a foreign property that was subject to 40C in
summer and 15c in winter with heavy rains Jan/Feb.
The tiles (strips) were still going strong after 14 years with no
noticeable deterioration.

Bitumen never seems to last on garden sheds.

This stuff was thicker than normal garden shed bitumen. From what I
gather they used a blowlamp to lay it.

Come to think of it whoever built my garage made the bitumen quite strong.
Never had a problem with that.

--
The most ejaculatory orgasms ever recorded in 1 hour for a boy is 16.