Posted to alt.home.repair
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default For all of you "second hand smoke" ninnies.

trader_4 presented the following explanation :
On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 7:58:43 PM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:
trader_4 wrote on 7/3/2016 :
On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 5:17:41 PM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:
trader_4 formulated the question :
On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 1:51:53 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Serious question, are you an Alzheimer's patient??

--
Maggie

Serious question, are you the village idiot?

To you, everyone *else* seems to be the village idiot.

Have you figured out how 1^2 can equal 2 yet?

https://youtu.be/WwndchnEDS4?t=1134
https://youtu.be/5br-GWd_DpA?t=3655

HAve you figured out how a current of zero is a real value, isn't
a violation of Ohms Law, and doesn't involve division by zero?

It's a formula, and when the current is zero the resistance is infinity
and you can't multiply by infinity either.

See, this is why you're the village idiot. V = IR. Just because I is
zero, that doesn't make R zero. You really should have taken basic algebra.

Of course not, current and resistance are *inversely proportional* when
voltage is held invariant. The extremes would be zero and infinity.

I have a 100 ohm resistor. With 0 current, Ohms LAw gives V = 0 x 100 = 0.

Ohm's law is a formula, there are three equations to consider. With the
resistance held invariant the equation is R=V/I and the current must be
non-zero.

With 0 current through a resistance of 100 ohms, 0 voltage is produced.
What moron would ever think that somehow that resistor now has a value of
infinity? Good grief. I even suggested last time that you graph it,
voltage versus current. It's a straight line, right through the origin.

At the origin, the formula for R held invariant is R=V/I or 100=0/0 an
indeterminate form at best and undefined at worst.

Feel free to pick up your village idiot award anytime.

D=RT

If I live x distance from work (D held invariant at x) then the time to
travel and the rate of travel are related to that distance (R=D/T and
T=D/R). However, if I travel infinitely fast (R=infinity) I can get
there in no time flat (T=0) and if I proceed at a rate of 0 (R=0) I
will never get there (T=infinity) no matter the value of x.

If I lived closer or farther from work (x' and x") the numbers are
different for rates and/or times between those extremes cases and each
has has a different value but the same inverse relationship (because
they are both related to x), but not *at* those extremes - *at* those
extremes the distance x x' x" can be 'any number'.

Why are you allowing me to troll you like this, are you some kind of
mathochist?