Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default So much for Nigels NHS promises...

dennis@home wrote
Rod Speed wrote
dennis@home wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

Older people actually make a net contribution to the economy of about
£58bn per year.

From what?

Their income stream, pensions investments etc.

I pay tax from my pension and none of that pension comes from the state
so I am a net contributor ATM.

He said net contributor the to the ECONOMY, not to the STATE.

People that spend tax don't make any bigger contribution to the economy
than if the original tax payer had spent the money.

That is very arguable indeed, particularly with the more wealthy
people who would likely save what they are taxed if they weren't
taxed as heavily. Most of those on benefits or the aged pension
etc spend a much bigger percentage of their total income than
the more wealthy do.

However they don't starve when they spend the tax rather than the tax
payer so on balance its a good idea for most.

Clearly those who do spend it do contribute to the economy by spending.

And you're still rabbiting on about tax, he was
talking about the entire economy, not just tax.

There are others that are not net contributors like all the public
service/state pensioners where the pensions are paid out of taxes.

See above.

See above.

Useless in your case.

They all spend money to make the economy go though.

Yeah, that is what I said.

See above.

Useless in your case.

Older people like me spend more on trades as we just don't want to hand
dig drives and stuff like that any more.

But its less clear how much of that stuff the older people
do anymore regardless of how they get it done.

really?

Yep.

ask ARW and TMH how much work is from older people.

Nothing like as much as with younger people who buy a house.