Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_12_] Muggles[_12_] is offline

Default For all of you "second hand smoke" ninnies.

On 7/3/2016 8:40 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 4:40:58 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 7/2/2016 12:05 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 12:20:30 PM UTC-4, Vic Smith wrote:
On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 12:04:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/2/2016 11:48 AM, wrote:
Take a look at this weeks "Inside Man" on CNN.
He will tell you about all of the dangerous chemicals you have around
you every day. Most are in far higher concentrations than you find in
a whiff of smoke.

That may be, but it does not make smoke any less a danger. Factors
include concentration and length of exposure. Sitting in a tight space
with two chain smokers is more than a whiff.

As far as I know there is basically nowhere where you have to sit in a
tight space with two chain smokers. Unless you want to.
There are people who complain when they *see* a whiff of smoke
downwind 50 feet away.
People who complain about the *smell* of smoke on clothing.
That's what I assume he's talking about.

+1

That's the problem I have, the lib anti-smoking crowd are just never

The issue has nothing to do with politics (liberal/conservative). It's
a health issue.

It has everything to do with politics and being liberal or conservative.
Liberals believe they have to regulate everything and do so with relish.
They want ever bigger govt, more govt programs, more govt regulators.
Conservatives want less regulations and to live people as free as possible.

satisfied. Like banning smoking even if I want to have a private cigar
dinner at a restaurant once a month. Whatever restrictions there are,
it's never enough, no compromise is possible.

Some things are that important that there should be no compromise.

Sure, no compromise for liberals. That was exactly my point, you won't
stop until you control EVERYTHING we do, because YOU know what is best
for all the rest of us, we have no rights.

Can you just not comprehend the many times that I've come straight out
and said I'm a conservative?

Conservatives believe
that individuals have a right to live their own life and if I want to
have a cigar dinner in
a private room in a private restaurant that is an issue of my freedom
to do what I please, and none of your business. What constitutional
power gives you the right to tell us we can't a cigar dinner? Is that
the country Madison and the founders saw?

Conservatives believe in common sense, and common sense says that if
smoking in all it's forms makes people sick that it's a GOOD idea to
limit exposure to it for people who don't smoke, or don't want to be
exposed to hazardous waste.

--
Maggie