Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Told you so, Dave

On 03/07/16 16:16, pamela wrote:
On 15:38 3 Jul 2016, charles wrote:

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 03/07/16 14:28, charles wrote:
In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 03/07/2016 13:51, GB wrote:

Also, there were lots of porkies told in the run-up to the
referendum, and these are now being exposed.

Lies on both sides

So, who knows what a second referendum would bring?

That's why it will not happen.

a scond referendum is not needed. The first was only
"advisory" and Parliament will decide what to do.

Parliament already has.

That why Cameron resigned.

Cameron resigned within hours of the referendum result.
Parliament hadn't met to discuss the issue

I tried to explain the situation to TNP but he doesn't seem
interested in any views that don't foresee the full implementation
of Brexit Max.

Dear Pamela, I was merely remarking on your naivete.

Camerons didn't have a brief post coital chat with his squeeze and say
'I think I am going to resign'

That decision was taken with reference to a considerable number of
people, and even if the house hadn't formally met, I can assure you that
a lot of people would have been involved in that decision, which might
even have been made as a contingency before the referendum took place.

Nearly all HOC votes are fixed and whipped before they take place, and
nearly all the discussion that precedes them is taken by informal
meetings between interested parties.

The fact that 'the house hasn't met' is therefore supremely irrelevant,
because you can bet your sweet bippy by the time it does, all the
decisions will have been already taken, the right people will have been
briefed with the right on message statements, and the illusion will be
of a 'sad, but united Tory Party, determined to deliver to the brave
people of England, the result that they voted for'.

Etc Etc.

Perhaps he thinks that if he denies the possibility of compromise
that it will somehow change how things turn out.

No, I don't believe in magic. That's for Lefty****s.

I am simply pointing out that you are in denial.
Perhaps you think that if you deny the possibility of full brexit that
it will somehow change how things turn out..?

Well you seem a bit wet behind the ears, so watch and see how politics
really works, as against all your 'theory'

its shoes.