Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default So much for Nigels NHS promises...

On 03/07/2016 11:15, Rod Speed wrote:
dennis@home wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

Older people actually make a net contribution to the economy of
about £58bn per year.

From what?

Their income stream, pensions investments etc.

I pay tax from my pension and none of that pension comes from the
state so I am a net contributor ATM.

He said net contributor the to ECONOMY, not to the STATE.

People that spend tax don't make any bigger contribution to the economy
than if the original tax payer had spent the money. However they don't
starve when they spend the tax rather than the tax payer so on balance
its a good idea for most.

There are others that are not net contributors like all the public
service/state pensioners where the pensions are paid out of taxes.

See above.

See above.

They all spend money to make the economy go though.

Yeah, that is what I said.

See above.

Older people like me spend more on trades as we just don't want to
hand dig drives and stuff like that any more.

But its less clear how much of that stuff the older people
do anymore regardless of how they get it done.

really?
ask ARW and TMH how much work is from older people.