Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Farage

On Sun, 3 Jul 2016 07:45:05 +0000 (UTC), Adrian
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 21:35:02 +0100, T i m wrote:

He said he voted out and has been a EuroSkeptic for many years. However,
every point he seemed to think was key, didn't really seem to fit my
real-world observations. Like 'corruption' within the EU ...

Oh, that old chestnut.

Yup.

Did he come up with "And the accounts haven't even been audited for
years", too?

No, he didn't as it happens, however he did mention the 'big expensive
buildings that are all over the place' and I suggested they 1) had to
work somewhere, 2) Modern building were often cheaper to run than old
ones, 3) There was probably a god reason that the different roles were
in different buildings (historic or otherwise) and 4) I'm not sure
everyone 'enjoys' traipsing between buildings, no matter what they put
on their expenses? shrug

Oh, and the other one was that 'after a few years these MEP's on
£155,000 p.a. they were often millionaires'?

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-audi...ign-eu-budget/

Interesting, thanks. So, I think I conclude from that that like any
organisation (outside 'a few' people) there will be issues, errors,
mistakes and some people 'trying it on'. And as I said elsewhere these
will generally get resolved given time.

Where they don't the chances are they will be insignificant amounts,
given the bigger picture (or the authorities will generally get
involved).

It's like the 'professional' charities who support a single cause.
Yes, 'the management' may be on a nice screw and they 'could' do it
for nothing but most people can't live on nothing and if they are
'good' at what they do then they probably deserve some (at least) of
what they get and it is probably safe to say the recipient of the
funds wouldn't get anything or as much, if it were not for people
being paid to do it?

Same with 'free' (of cost) software. Unless some big co is paying
people to write code on the side, most people who have to pay their
way in life can't live on no income, so generally have to still work
for 'da man' to be able to survive.

Free is often only free if someone else is paying for it. (AKA, 'There
is no such thing as a free lunch'). ;-)

Cheers, T i m