Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Farage

On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 18:46:26 +0000 (UTC), Adrian
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 19:27:49 +0100, michael adams wrote:

Not that you'd have ever realised that fact; to judge from the deathly
silence emanating from any of the "agonised honest seekers after truth",
on this NewsGroup at least.

Who given their previous concerns on this issue, you might imagine would
be shouting this good news from the rooftops.

It almost makes you think that they were only ever using this issue as a
stick towards a predetermined conclusion...

You would eh.

I was talking to a mate earlier (about computers) and towards the end
he asked how I voted. I told him (I spoiled my paper) and to today I
still don't know what is 'right' for us. I am however drifting to what
I think might be wrong and that and the chances are that would be
whatever the likes of TNP is trying to push down peoples throats.

He said he voted out and has been a EuroSkeptic for many years.
However, every point he seemed to think was key, didn't really seem to
fit my real-world observations. Like 'corruption' within the EU ...
like there wasn't corruption within all sorts of systems but even if
there was, we (as a country) still seem to be doing pretty well?

Whilst in an ideal world, everything would be above board, it isn't an
ideal world and so who knows if some of this alleged 'corruption'
isn't oiling wheels that are making things better all round?

And bad stuff is generally winkled out sooner or later, 'cash for
questions', bogus expenses, FIFA etc etc.

So, even with my little knowledge on the subject and taking into
account his personal 'issues' with the EU, I still wasn't convinced he
had any better real-world insight into any of it than me, in fact many
of the things he held key I believed were just hype. ;-(

Funny though, I did seem to have access to more 'facts'' than him,
like the actual sums of money we pay into the EU and how it compares
with the general costs of running the country. shrug.

Cheers, T i m