Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default My website on Brooklyn parquetry floor borders

On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 09:22:11 -0400, Mayayana wrote:

| Borders were not common by 1930. By 1930 tongue-and-groove took over and
| they were no longer face nailing floors. The only borders they were getting
| by then were plain strips.

That's an interesting point. I sometimes see
face-nailed flooring in Boston,

The building of Back Bay coincides with the era when these floors were
popular. I would expect Back Bay to be filled with them. But with local
tastes and local suppliers they won't be all the same as I see here.

but it's very rare
to see it in good shape. Usually it's cracked
and/or warped and/or has ugly patches by now.

The more decline the neighborhood had in its past, the worse shape the
floors are now in.