Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default making thicker bleach (shower grout)

On 30 Jun 2016, Jonathan grunted:

On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 2:07:24 PM UTC+1, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 30/06/16 13:58, Adam Funk wrote:
I've been working on tidying up the grout in the shower by applying
thick bleach with a paintbrush, leaving it for a while, then rinsing
it off. I'm wondering --- would it be more effective if I made it
even thicker so it stayed in place better, & what is a good way to do
that?

Scrap that.

HG Mould Spray - £3.99 free delivery
https://www.amazon.co.uk/HG-18605010.../dp/B000IU40HQ

Works very well!

It's bleach

No, it's definitely more than just that. Believe me, I've tried
*everything* over the years and the HG stuff absolutely knocks spots off
everything else (no pun intended).

It's absolutely brilliant; but what I *would* say is that for really bad
attacks I've kept going with daily applications for ages (couple of weeks?)
to get good results; however that's for silicone which a few years ago I'd
have written off and replaced (which as any fule no, is a job from hell to
be avoided at all costs)

--
David