Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For all of you "second hand smoke" ninnies.

On 07/02/2016 11:04 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/2/2016 11:48 AM, wrote:
Take a look at this weeks "Inside Man" on CNN.
He will tell you about all of the dangerous chemicals you have around
you every day. Most are in far higher concentrations than you find in
a whiff of smoke.

That may be, but it does not make smoke any less a danger.

True. I see a lot of this nonsense, claiming something is harmless
because something else is worse.

Factors
include concentration and length of exposure. Sitting in a tight space
with two chain smokers is more than a whiff.

There's another common fallacy there (at least in speech). The idea that
there is only ONE of something. I wonder how many whiffs of smoke I've
been exposed to (and it's a LOT more than one).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The only spiritual disease is righteousness, and only religious people
have it."