Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_5_] bert[_5_] is offline

Default Farage

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
Not much point in being in a free trade area if you don't want to
export.

You've made a flexible statement into a very binary one.

Why would you not want to pick and choose - and direct your best exports
to the EU, whilst not being burdened with regulations concerning exports
that are a minority.

I'm trying to think of anything that would be made for the UK only, with
no eye on possibly exporting it.

Can you?

Especially with things like cars. A very large emerging market might well
make a product that couldn't be exported. Like a tuk-tuk, etc. But not the
UK.

Rather the same as all consumer goods. We already make those to EU regs -
like it or not. So why do a re-design for the UK only to a lower standard?

But we have top make *everything* to EU regs even if we have no
intention of exporting to the EU.
--
bert