Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Farage

On Friday, 1 July 2016 12:34:08 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
Not much point in being in a free trade area if you don't want to
export.

You've made a flexible statement into a very binary one.

Why would you not want to pick and choose - and direct your best exports
to the EU, whilst not being burdened with regulations concerning exports
that are a minority.

I'm trying to think of anything that would be made for the UK only, with
no eye on possibly exporting it.

Can you?

Union jack flags, union jack umbrellas etc..

Especially with things like cars.

Well the steering will has to go on the correct side although I have seen peole drive with teh steering wheel on the other side.

A very large emerging market might well
make a product that couldn't be exported. Like a tuk-tuk, etc. But not the
UK.

why can't it be exported ?

Rather the same as all consumer goods. We already make those to EU regs -
like it or not.

Apart from those made for the US market I assume.

So why do a re-design for the UK only to a lower standard?

A good question so why exclude the UK when it comes to compensation from VW ?
and why are which? taking it up as a bad thing to be happening to the UK, surely it's part of free trade.