Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default (OT) Why do you use Facebook?

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 17:53:30 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain
wrote:

On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 7:41:59 PM UTC-5, Pavel314 wrote:

My daughter talked me into signing up so that I could see pictures of, and keep
up with the adventures of, my kids and grandkids. I used an alias as I didn't want
people to find me except for the family.

Paul

I would add...if family is using their real names it isn't hard for others to figure out
who you are. Just saying...

That's the whole problem. To signup, you are supposed to use your real
name, address, phone#, and more. Not to mention a lot of other personal
info. I would not mind if someome I know finds me, but there are a lot
of assholes, idiots, and worse using it. It also seems to be the place
for drunks to post drunken photos of themselves when they are in public
places like bars. Who needs that!!!!

At least when I take photos in public, I have to go home and download
them to my computer before I can email them. That way I know what I'm
sending, and NOT when I'm drunk! (just saying this, since I dont get
drunk anymore).

Actually, I DO have a FB page (sort of). It's listed to one of my pets,
has their picture, and their real name (first name only). No valid
address, phone, etc. There are no "friends" on the friend list. The only
reason I have that, is so I can view the schedules of some local music
bands (who dont have real websites), and to occasionally follow some
local news, such as storm damage, fires, accidents and that sort of
thing. I find it annoying that I have to "log on" at all, just to get a
band's schedule, or (READ ONLY) some local news. But it's the only way
to access some of that stuff. And even more annoying is that each time I
go to some local story, something pops up telling me to "befriend" so
and so, or even some business, then bitching that I have not yet gotten
any "friends". The whole thing is real idiotic if you ask me. And why
is it that they always want me to give a "thumbs up" to every damn
thing, but have no "thumbs down" to choose.....

I'll take a regular webpage any day.....