tfort

Default Why you didn't hear back from Magnavox

On 4 Feb 2004 12:22:38 -0800, (Jeff Strieble)
wrote:

Talos,

If you left a message with the Philips-Magnavox web site regarding
a 50+-year-old radio/phono console, you won't get an answer because
today's Magnavox is nothing like the Magnavox Company of Fort Wayne,
Indiana (which has been out of business at least 20 years--"Magnavox"
is only a marketing name anymore). Today's Magnavox TVs, stereos, etc.
are manufactured by Philips of the Netherlands, which more than likely
has no knowledge whatsoever of the history, etc. of the firm, let
alone specifics of individual units (especially units as old as yours)
manufactured by the original Magnavox Company.

As another person noted here, you may not and probably will not have
much luck trying to find a schematic for your Magnavox in Sams
Photofacts. I was almost flabbergasted when I noted in that post that
the original Magnavox Company did not want to have much, if anything,
to do with Howard W. Sams as a supplier of schematics for its
home-entertainment equipment.

Your best bet is probably to look in your local library. Most
libraries either have extensive Sams archives or can find the one
you're looking for. Another likely source for schematics of TVs,
radios and phonographs made until 1954 is the Nostalgia Air web site.
This has thousands of downloadable schematics and service manuals in
PDF (portable document format) format, which requires the Adobe
Acrobat Reader version 6.0 to read. This reader may be downloaded at
no charge from several sites around the Web, or it may be available
via a link on NA's home page.

Good luck.

Jeff Strieble, WB8NHV )
Fairport Harbor, Ohio

Hey! I got a buddy that lives in fairport harbor on blaise nemeth
rd...

you know where that is at?

Tracy