Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default So much for Nigels NHS promises...

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 21:18:38 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 17:31:32 +0100, dennis@home
wrote:

On 30/06/2016 16:17, James Wilkinson wrote:

That's the way I'd like it, but it's illegal to do that in the UK.
Some
bull**** about you might write off a Ferrari and be unable to pay.

That is incorrect, you can write off a ferrari and have to payif you
have RTA insurance. However you would be covered for injuring someone
else.

The minimum insurance you are allowed is "third party" which covers the
Ferrari.

Nope, that is the first or second party.

In the UK that doesn't exist. We have:
3rd party: fully reimburses injury and car and property damage to other
people if it's my fault.
3rd party fire and theft: as above but covers fire and theft of my own car
aswell.
Fully comprehensive: pays for everything including damage to my own car
caused by myself.

We have the same thing except the first one doesn't cover car or property
damage.