TCS

Default Why I don't have a plasma or LCD TV either

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 23:33:59 -0600, tweak wrote:
On 04 Feb 2004 03:06:44 GMT, (LASERandDVDfan)
wrote:

Yes, but 16bit still sucks. that's why I use a 24bit unit.

Why is 24-bit better than 16-bit? - Reinhart

16bit audio was the best they could come up with in the late
70's.(Well... they did quickly come up with 24bit but Sony who was
spearheading the digital technology had too much invested in 16bit
encoding, also they'd paid big bucks for the development of the medium
that was to usher in the digital era- CD's.)

16bit just doesn't have enough sampling rate to encompass the mass of

bits != sampling rate

data in complex musical scores. i.e. anything more complex than the
average 5 piece rock band.
Comb filters were used in the circuitry to "filter" out extraneous
artifacts i.e. noise.

bits != recording equipment quality and mixing quality.