Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Farage

On Thursday, 30 June 2016 15:21:21 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
If the EU superstate project had been squashed at birth (as Thatcher was
advocating when it first came up - hint, suggest listening to her, it's
all of 30 seconds), we would almost certainly not be in the mess now.
We'd have the EEC and free trade minus most of the stuff that isn't
working.

Interesting hypothesis. You think there wouldn't have been a vast number
of regulations covering that free trade? You can only have a free trade
area if all follow common rules. Otherwise each country would try to gain
an advantage over the others.

Any idea how much free trade costs, it;s the sot of question I'd hoped someone would have raised during one of the TV debates.
As my friend says he has a free phone gets free txts free phone calls.

I asked if I could have the same for free he said yes, then showed me I had to pay about £30 a month for a free phone free txts etc....

I'd rather pay the £8 for my landline.

For example. The UK brings in tighter controls over vehicle emissions
because of severe problems in London, etc. So any imported vehicle must
meet them too. Those living in a country where pollution wasn't such a
problem would call foul. And so on.

So.

So who decides on those regulations to be adopted throughout that free
trade area? And fairly, so they don't give one country an advantage over
another? Some form of committee where they all are represented. All
unelected? That would never do.

So if yuo want to by or sell british beerr you must use pints as the unit of sale and if yuo buy wine yuo must use the litre.
What's the problem.

Anyway most british beer is now sold in 500ml bottle unlime teh polish which seem to have a range as do the german beers.

All countries retain their own currency with no exchange rate controls
between them. The poorer countries flood the market with cheaply produced
goods. Like say agricultural produce.

or steel.

Don;t forhert the butter mountains and the wine lakes mostly sold off cheap to non- EU countries.

I can quite understand mere politicians not actually having a clue about
how things work - but surely we have more sense on here?

Then how come the french are striking because they don;t want to work more than 35 hours per week with a cap at 48 hours.

Surely if in the EU everyone should be treated equally without any racism.