Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default Are there cheap VHF signal strength meters?

tony sayer wrote:
In ,
scribeth thus

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 16:40:47 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

I can find lots of cheap and cheerful UHF (terrestrial) signal strength
meters for checking aerial alignment etc. but I can't find any VHF ones
(for radio, band II is it, 87.5-108MHz). Are there such things at the
sort of under a tenner price the UHF ones are?

Never used one and not under a tenner, but:

http://www.fringeelectronics.co.uk/signalfinders.html

Make a "Worldwide VHF/UHF TV Signal Finder" that they claim works from
47-230Mhz.

£21.95 from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00235HX..._KgoDxbSS0AM5W

Ah but they don't make any mention of FM radio just TV and it does look
very wideband as they themselves say;

Because of the wide band nature of this signal finder, erroneous
readings may occur if used in close proximity of transmitter towers
(cell phone, tetra etc) and wireless equipment

If the OP just wants to line up an FM aerial he might be better off
getting a second-hand tuner thats got a meter type signal strength meter
on it...

Agreed.