Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default So much for Nigels NHS promises...

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 04:40:23 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 03:01:44 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 28/06/2016 22:23, James Wilkinson wrote:

The NHS is basically a compulsory health insurance, and a ****ty one at
that. Insurance should never be compulsory.

I take that aussies don't need car insurance either, eh rod.

I choose not to insure my 10 year old car because it would
be completely trivial to replace it if it did need to be replaced.
Just wave the phone at the point of sale terminal even if I
did replace it with a brand new one.

I only insured it for a couple of years when it was new
because the insurance was so cheap, $100 a year, and
we have lots of illegal immigrants here and it would
have been a bit irritating to have it wiped out by one
of them and to have them **** off back where they
came from. The insurance company kept jacking up
the premium on every renewal, even tho I never made
any claim at all, so I gave them the finger and didn't
bother to renew.

So in Aus you can drive around with no insurance?

No, what we can third party is compulsory, that covers personal injury,
but not the cars involved or what they run into either with property.

So with your "third party", let's say we both have that type of insurance, and you crashed into me and it's all your fault. Your insurance would pay for my injuries, but I would have to pay for fixing my car?

What if you right off another car? Who pays for that other car?

The person who is at fault/caused the accident. If they both
did, they split the cost. If say one of them contributed 10%,
they pay 10% of the cost if the cars arent insured.

So it comes out of your own pocket? That's far too sensible. Over here we have to have insurance to cover the damage to the other car.

If the car that is written off has the voluntary what we call
comprehensive insurance, it pays for that car regardless of
whose fault it is and can in theory recover the cost from the
driver of the other car if that person caused the accident.
In practice they don't normally do any more than demand
that that driver pay for it and do nothing if they get an
obscene gesture from that driver.

--
"Naff" is actually an old gay slang for useless, from its original meaning of 'heterosexual' i.e. Not Available For ****ing.