Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default Are there cheap VHF signal strength meters?

John wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 16:40:47 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

I can find lots of cheap and cheerful UHF (terrestrial) signal strength
meters for checking aerial alignment etc. but I can't find any VHF ones
(for radio, band II is it, 87.5-108MHz). Are there such things at the
sort of under a tenner price the UHF ones are?

Never used one and not under a tenner, but:

http://www.fringeelectronics.co.uk/signalfinders.html

Make a "Worldwide VHF/UHF TV Signal Finder" that they claim works from
47-230Mhz.

£21.95 from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00235HX..._KgoDxbSS0AM5W

I have the UHF only one and it is excellent.