Posted to alt.home.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default What is a "Waterless Urinal"?

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 15:29:37 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

On 06/29/2016 03:16 PM, urinal cake advocate wrote:

I was recently at a store where they had a unusual looking urinal. Above
it was a sign that read, "Waterless Urinal" and it went on to say "safe
for the environment". There was no flush handle and it did not flush
automatically after I used it. (Obviously it cant flush without water).
So, how does it work? Has anyone else seen one of these?

I've seen several in England, but I haven't a clue how they work.

Since they reak so bad because they do not rinse the **** residue away,
how well do they accommodate a urinal cake?

I know I've used one, but I can't be sure about any others. The one I
know I used did not smell.

Perce

I've used two, one at a park miles from nowhere and one in the middle
of Towson, Md, a bustling suburb of Baltimore. at a Microcenter store.

Neither smelled at all, and the smell of porta-potties has nothing to
with it. That's what makes waterless urinals a big advance over
porta-potties.

Although porta-potties too smell far far better than they did 50 years
ago. It's quite amazing.