Leonard Caillouet

Default Why I don't have a plasma or LCD TV either

"tweak" wrote in message
The fact that you dis JBL shows you absolute ignorance.

I did not intend to "dis" JBL. Your statement was vague and incorrect and
that is waht I was pointing out. First, JBL makes a range of products from
crap to pretty good, and which driver you use depends on the application. I
would like to know what you find about the JBL drivers that make them the
"best" in any particular application. If you are talking about resolving
detail, as your discussion of recording techniques implies that you must,
there are many loudspeakers that do a better job than nearly anything JBL
makes, and few of them use JBL drivers.

Individual drivers, their technology, and their build, are not the entire
story in loudspeakers anyway. You have to look at the entire loudspeaker
system to make meaningful comparisons. As for what I use, I have an old
pair of Thiel speakers that used pretty generic drivers, nothing special.
Who do I think makes better quality drivers than JBL? Well, it depends on
the application, but in general B&W would be an easy example.

OK if Sony parts are SO easy to get I'll send you a parts list for all
the Sony crap I have in the back storage room and you find me a parts
jobber for aftermarket parts.

It very much depends on the product and its age. My point was not that Sony
parts are always available when you want them, but that anyone who services
a wide array of electronics knows that Sony is far from the worst in this
regard and that there are many other manufacturers much more deserving of
your derision. Post the parts you need and someone may have a solution.

BTW I spent 40 some odd year in the repair business having grown up
workin in my old man's chain of repair shops.
But that was probably before your time so I'd guess that wouldn't
count either since it was before you eyes ever saw the light of day.

Perhaps, but how would you know? How does this experience relate to the
situation with parts TODAY? You pass yourself off as an expert in recording
and with so much experience with repairs, and imply that you are aged. What
have you done recently?

--
Leonard Caillouet

....I'd like to find you inner child and kick its little ass. Get over it...
(The Eagles)