tweak

Default Why I don't have a plasma or LCD TV either

On 04 Feb 2004 03:06:44 GMT, (LASERandDVDfan)
wrote:

Yes, but 16bit still sucks. that's why I use a 24bit unit.

Why is 24-bit better than 16-bit? - Reinhart

Let me try again.
Here are some links to those who are the experts in audio recording.
I'll scrounge up more for you in the next day or two.
They can explain in precise technical terms why digital, and
especially 16bit is woefully inadequate for most audio mastering.

http://www.drtmastering.com/faq2.htm

http://www.great-music.net/analog.htm

http://lists.contesting.com/archives.../msg00211.html

I'm I retired old fart who spent all of his working days in the
recording and film industry so bare with me while I dig up all the
facts to educate you on the complexities involved in mastering good
audio.
It's NOT as cut and dried as you want to believe.