Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default What is a "Waterless Urinal"?

On 6/29/2016 4:43 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 6/29/2016 3:40 PM, Bod wrote:
On 29/06/2016 17:38, wrote:
I was recently at a store where they had a unusual looking urinal. Above
it was a sign that read, "Waterless Urinal" and it went on to say "safe
for the environment". There was no flush handle and it did not flush
automatically after I used it. (Obviously it cant flush without water).
So, how does it work? Has anyone else seen one of these?

I've seen several in England, but I haven't a clue how they work.

They work with a filter which is ruined if water passes through it.
After a certain period of time and usage, the filet requires changing
and a new on installed. That's it.

People complain that so many jobs are moving to China, but not this one.
There is a solid career opportunity to be a Waterless Urinal Filter
Changer. A few weeks of training and you ar set for life.