Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default Need Extension Cable For LED Monitor

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 17:30:13 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

And also an unaccounted-for voltage drop ...

Do you think another 10 feet can cause a voltage drop? 2 amps x
0.01 ohms is 0.02 volts - or less.

Isaac

With the wire comming from China you never know. Some of it is copper
plated aluminum and a bit shy of the AWG for the number they give.

I had some inexpensive alligator clips with about 18 inches of wire
seperating them. Playing with a power supply of a couple of volts and
about 1 ohm of load resistance. Notice the voltage and current and
resistance did not come close to the formular for voltage drop. Some
checking the clips and thought the crimp may be bad. Soldered them and
still not beter. The wire its self had about 1/2 of an ohm in 18
inches.

Wow, that's a lot. I just bought another bag of those jumper wires,
but I still have about 8 from 20 or 30 years ago. I think they're
longer too so I should be able to tell them apart, and I will rely on
the old ones.

I'll go measure the new ones when I'm there and I think of it.