Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default tried to machine titanium

Cydrome Leader wrote:

One guy I know uses pre WWII looking old leather belt driven machines to
make parts for export to Germany. It's an eye opener in what can be made
with what might be considered (they're real pretty though) laughable
tools.

I have a 1938 Bridgeport round-ram that I converted to CNC. I make parts
that are exported all over, as well as sold domestically. One of my major
customers is L. S. Starrett, they use my servo amps in their high-end Force
Measurement Systems. I don't even want to KNOW how much they get for those!
(The part I make for those servo amps is a mounting bracket, machined 1/8"
aluminum, bent and then rigid drill-tapped on the Bridgeport.)
The rest of the servo amp is a printed circuit.

Jon