Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default Are there cheap VHF signal strength meters?

Chris Green wrote:
wrote:

Chris Green wrote:

I can find lots of cheap and cheerful UHF (terrestrial) signal
strength meters for checking aerial alignment etc. but I can't find
any VHF ones (for radio, band II is it, 87.5-108MHz). Are there such
things at the sort of under a tenner price the UHF ones are?

The GY560 frequency counter works down to 50MHZ. By measuring
at a distance you can get a rough signal strength value.

By measuring at a distance from what? I'm after seeing how much
signal is coming down from an aerial.

Have you any attenuators? Resistor network? Alternatively
construct an LC aerial to radiate? Just a couple of thoughts.