Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default How to skip that stupid message

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 21:23:24 -0400, Micky
wrote:

Well this was worthy of a thread of its own.

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/...ructions/?_r=0

It turns out that each carrier offers a “bypass the instructions”
keystroke that takes you directly to the beep. (It bypasses both the
person’s own recorded greeting and the 15-second carrier nonsense.)

To be as evil as possible, the carriers do not promote or tell you
about the existence of this keystroke. Furthermore, the key to press
is different with each company:

* for Verizon

1 for Sprint

# for AT&T

# for T-Mobile

Every time you dial a number, you’d have to know which carrier that
person uses. Which is, of course, impossible.

Does anyone know a way to skip the "old voicemails" when I retrieve my
current voicemail? In other words, I get a voicemail, and want to hear
it, but first I have to listen to all my old (Saved) voicemails, first.
(Most annoying). I often save old voicemail because it contains a phone
number, directions, or other info that I will need at a later time,
because I did not have a pen and paper handy when I received it.

I dont know why these idiots that provide the voicemail, can not play
the NEW voicemail FIRST!!!!