Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
the late Marie Therese LaBourgeois the late Marie Therese LaBourgeois is offline

Default Copper or PVC?

On 6/29/2016 7:21 AM, Isn't Life Strange wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 22:31:02 -0700, Matt Singer wrote:

On 6/28/2016 9:17 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 20:19:45 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 08:10:46 -0500, "Terry Coombs"

On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 4:47:20 AM UTC-4, Tom Gardner wrote:
My neighbor's got a leak in the hot water line running from the
manifold in her utility room to the kitchen sink. The copper line
is in or just bellow the concrete slab. The plumber has to dig up a
substantial portion of the kitchen floor to replace the corroded
line. He's going to use Copper. Wouldn't it be better to use PVC?

If it is hot water, you might use CPVC. But not PVC. PVC is not
good for hot water.

Dan

I done screwed up then , all the plumbing in our new house is PVC ... oh
wait , it's good for up to 140° and we keep the water heater set at around
125° to avoid potential scalding . Still , it will bear watching ...
That's why I have a problem gettingwater in my weighing cup up to 120+
to use in my bread machine.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

Terry..Id watch that carefuly. Ive seen more than one plumbing job
gone wrong over the years as the PVC got more and more brittle and
then they turned up the heat a bit.

Skyline must have run out of copper the day they did my
kitchen...there was a 12" stub of PVC between the copper supply line
and the flex feeder hose for the hot water in my kitchen sink. Worked
just like a fuse link it did

Thats the reason Im going to have to replace all my floors before
long.

Came home and found 2" of water throughout the house.

Not a fun gas bill either.....

LOL!

Yeah, what a shock that the Wieber mansion came poorly built, and the Amazing Wieber waited for
failure instead of using his precognition to prevent the need for a new floor that he'll never be
able to afford.

I keep forgetting about his ability to see the future. I guess he must
have known long ago that he'd be a dole scrounger.