Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ford F-150

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 17:43:52 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

Not a bad idea, but was it really necessary, or just for peace of

mind?

I did it for peace of mind when hauling half a ton of iron. They are
3/8" stainless eye screws anchored in tapped holes in cross pins
through the lower tie-down holes. Pressure treated wood fills the
rest
of the stake pockets.

Belt + suspenders + superglue + twine. Got it.

No you don't. This bedliner covered all the tiedown points so I had to
install some that were strong enough to secure a load of industrial
machinery. None of the commercial stake pocket tiedowns I looked at
would solidly connect to the truck; they depended on the friction of
an expanding rubber plug and didn't provide for a waterproof seal at
the hole through the liner. My home made ones are solid metal,
stronger than the sheet metal stake pockets they are locked into, and
sealed by compressed rubber grommets.

Hey Ed, is the semicolon after "truck" legitimate?
--jsw