Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default [ot] best usb charging cable for phone?

This is a timely thread - I have just tried to get a friend's Hudle (ex
Tesco) to charge. The socket contacts looked dirty, so I tried to clean them
a bit with a sharp point and white spirit. Three charging cables were on
hand, coloured black, green, and white. I don't know where they came from.
The socket in the Hudl had flexible plastic holding the contacts, and the
three cable plugs were variously loose in the socket, with black almost
unusable, and white solid and almost perfect. The moral seems to be keep
trying cables until you find one that fits tightly.
--
Dave W