Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jacky Chance Jacky Chance is offline

Default So much for Nigels NHS promises...

On 28/06/16 21:44, polygonum wrote:
On 28/06/2016 21:30, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 21:24:21 +0100, dennis@home
wrote:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/2016/...-91537224.html

The NHS is a drain on our taxes and should be closed down.

Are you going to fund all your health needs out of your own cash?

WE all already do.

Not really with those on the lowest incomes and benefits.
They mostly get their health care funded by other people's cash.

We just dont get to decide how its spent.

Are you going to buy an insurance policy that covers all your health
needs?

Or have the government enforce that ?

Whichever, have you any idea how much it will cost you in actual money
terms?

The same as it does now? Or less?

The NHS cost about £1000 a year for every person in this country, its paid
for out of their taxes.

The government could pay that £1000 into an insurance fund.

You would be insured (here and abroad) but copuld spend that on any doctor
or hospital you liked

But you would have to pay rather more for the same coverage,
because the insurance companies make a profit on top of what
they pay out and spend a lot on advertising and admin to
attract insurers to insure with them.

The reason the Swiss system is the second most
expensive health care system in the entire world
after the US per head of population is because
it is an insurance system.