Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Apprentice lost in London

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 02:42:19 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 24 Jun 2016 00:21:33 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 18:45:29 +0100, tim...
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 15:05:27 +0100, tim...
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 00:58:16 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

Nope, you do. Its the povs that are too stupid to do that
or to work out how to get qualified for the decent jobs
that end up in council houses because they are that stupid.

People with enough money don't need to save 50p here and there.

I don't need to save 50p here and there but I still do.

As and example I can afford to get a taxi to/from the airport, but
still
catch the train because I consider taxi fares to be extortionate

That would be considerably more than 50p.

well yes

but then the train fare is significantly more than 2.50p

I make the decision to bother saving money based on the amount saved
and
the time taken to save it.

Me too, and the cost of getting there in the case
of Aldi which currently costs me $10 to get there
and back until they finish building the local one.

I just shop at the supermarkets once every 3 weeks. Less hassle, less
time.

Still makes a lot more sense to have an app tell you what is cheapest at
the
ones that you visit

I already know which is cheapest. It's in the spreadsheet.

Like hell it is. At most it might have been true years ago.

every 3 weeks than fart around printing out a
spreadsheet,

A few clicks.

scribbling on that, carting that with you when you go shopping.

It's smaller than a phone.

Pity about how long the scribbling takes.

Using apps to mess about working out where and when to shop is far too
much hassle

There is in fact much less hassle involved in scanning the
barcode of the stuff you use the last of and having the app
tell you as you walk in the various supermarkets you visit anyway,
which ones have the best prices for the stuff on your list.

So, I go to the kitchen and get some food, go find my phone,

Dont have to do that if you have enough of a clue to have it in your
pocket.

Why on earth would I want to carry something around with me all day?

Because that is handy when you need to use it.
And you dont carry it, its in your pocket.

The only thing I do that with is my watch, which is strapped on.

The phone is even easier, its in your pocket.

Make a phone that small then I'll do so. Oh wait, phone screens are too
small as it is.

Plenty big enough to show you what is
cheapest in that particular supermarket.

Much less hassle in fact than your dinosaur approach of
printing out a spreadsheet,

In a few clicks.

marking that up with what
you have decided you need to buy,

It's quicker than scanning.

Thanks for that completely superfluous
proof that you dont have a clue.

Must be why the shelf stackers in supermarkets all do it your dinosaur
way.

Different task entirely.

Nope, they are doing exactly the same thing,
scanning what is getting low on the shelves.

and buying that stuff
from the place where it was cheapest at one time but
which is unlikely to be the cheapest of the supermarkets
you will be visiting on that shopping run.

Almost all stay the cheapest.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Nope, just true.

The price is on hte list anyway, so if I happen to see it substantially
more in the shop, I go to another one next time.

Dont need to fart around like that when the app tell you what
is cheapest in that particular supermarket as you walk in.

I only notice it occasionally, as it only happens occasionally. And I
don't even have to think about it.

But you do have to walk down every single aisle and look
at the price stickers to see what is cheapest at that time.

MUCH more convenient to have the app tell you what
is cheapest in that store that you need and have it tell
you where it is in the store too so you dont give a
damn if the store has moved it around.

for a few quid here and there.

To save half or more of your total shopping spend in fact
when the app keeps track of how quickly you use stuff auto
and only suggest you buy it when it is half price or better.

**** all is half price here.

That's because you 'live' where the supermarket traffic
is dominated by the council sink estate dregs.

Why would that stop them having half price offers?

They realise they are in the council sink estates because
they are too stupid to buy stuff where it is half priced
and that they have ****ed all their cash against the
wall on grog and drugs and so only have enough left
to buy what they absolutely have to have right now.

Only things that cheap are things with 1 day left on the sellby date.

See above.

No, they do it to avoid throwing out food, because some ****wit EU
legislation stops them giving it away to the homeless once it's past the
date and allegedly toxic.

None of the half price stuff in the catalogs
have only 1 day left till the sell by date.