Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Plenty of time to reverse the decision.

"tim..." wrote in message

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 21:57:58 +0100, tim... wrote:

So your kid suffering at school because 90% of the other kids don't
speak English (and hence slow down the learning level of the class)
is xenophobic is it?

Is there one single school in the country where 90% of pupils don't
speak English?

There are some where a significant proportion can't

Are you getting "second language" confused with "can't speak"?

as 6-7 YOs

no

Thanks for the confirmation that you really, really are.

Unless you seriously think that 6-7yos can't be multilingual.

well of course they "can"

but they aren't going to be if they have grown with in a, as an example,
all Polish speaking household and then are sent to school in the UK, are
they?

They are actually. I know lots who have grown with an all Turkish speaking
household, with all they ever have anything to do with other Turkish
speaking
households, with the parents barely speaking any english at all, who do fine
in school where only english is spoken. I do get some quite surprising
questions
form one of them about what a particular word means, but otherwise their
english is excellent. And I know about 20+ of them in that situation.