Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default tried to machine titanium

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 20:24:15 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

When are you going to get a real lathe?

C'mon, Gunner! A Sherline IS a "real" lathe. It's not a GOOD
lathe, but
it's very, very 'real'.

Lloyd

Isnt the Sherline the little toy lathe that pencil makers use?

For small parts, it's the right tool and it works great.

At least it cancels any misconception that metal is infinitely rigid.

At Mitre I acquired a Sherline and a Prazi clone from closed labs (a
bad omen). The Prazi was large enough to be useful though I dislike
its controls. I couldn't learn to like the Sherline for anything. It
fit in a drawer and there it stayed. I can do tiny delicate work in
brass better on my 10" South Bend.
--jsw