Bill

Default Hot horz. output transistor

I have a GE 35GT695 35" TV (chassis # CTC187) with a horizontal output
transistor that runs hot, and hotter. The original one, a BUH517, failed,
and I replaced it with another one. Most of the time it runs at ~135 deg F,
but every 4 - 8 hrs, it spikes up to 200. It has run for about 48 hrs. The
picture and sound are fine.

I rang the flyback and yoke and used a DMM on the diode setting to check the
diodes in the horizontal output stage (in-circuit) and they look OK. The B+
is 140v, and the 190v supply is at 200v. Both measurments were made using a
DMM.

Any suggestions? I have the SAMS Photofact, a scope and an isolation xfrmr.

Thanks
Bill