Posted to alt.home.repair
Retired[_2_] Retired[_2_] is offline

Default Fastening leach line to septic tank

On 6/28/16 1:50 PM, KenK wrote:
I had a leak in my rental's leach line, or at least the driveway over the
leach line had a constant big foul-smelling puddle all the time the
septic tank was in use. It dried up while the rental was empty and while
the sewer line was plugged.

I had the tank pumped and dug up around the line and it looks ok. Broke
off some of the 'concrete(?)' fastening the line but saw no obvious
leaks. Leach line itself looks ok, I can only assume the leak is in the
tank/line connection and I didn't see it. I don't know wherec elae it
could be. I hate to fill up the tank with enough water so the leach line
is in use because I may have to have it pumped to do some work on the
leach line later.

I can see no other possible place for the liquid to leak out.

The question is, what is used to attach the leach line? Plain concrete?
Plain cement? Special concrete or cement? Something else? I Googled for a
long time but couldn't find this info. Wrong search phrases?

TIA

As Trader_4 said "Maybe the problem is the leach field is plugged up,
the water has no place to go, so it's backing up where it can?
"
Can you partially fill the tank, then use a sump pump to pump water
into the tank outlet, and see if it backs up rather than flow freely ?

If necessary use a submersible pump, with a handle that you can attach
a rope to, to lower it into the tank.