Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Copper or PVC?

wrote:
On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 4:47:20 AM UTC-4, Tom Gardner wrote:
My neighbor's got a leak in the hot water line running from the
manifold in her utility room to the kitchen sink. The copper line
is in or just bellow the concrete slab. The plumber has to dig up a
substantial portion of the kitchen floor to replace the corroded
line. He's going to use Copper. Wouldn't it be better to use PVC?

If it is hot water, you might use CPVC. But not PVC. PVC is not
good for hot water.

Dan

I done screwed up then , all the plumbing in our new house is PVC ... oh
wait , it's good for up to 140° and we keep the water heater set at around
125° to avoid potential scalding . Still , it will bear watching ...

--
Snag

---