Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Plenty of time to reverse the decision.

"Davey" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 08:56:52 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:

Most of those sufficiently concerned about this
voted UKIP in the last general election but there
were only 3.8m of them on a 66% turnout.

And the number would be MUCH higher if the two
major partys were actually stupid enough to campaign
on the basis of ignoring the referendum result.

In my area, East Anglia, there is a lot of support for UKIP, but
Conservatives got the vote at the last election, as voting UKIP
was seen as a waste of a vote that could have let Labour in.

I'm not convinced that there was ever enough there to elect an MP.

Now with the Labour Party in total, total disarray,
almost committing hara-kiri, that is not a possibility,

Correct.

and a General Election right now would see UKIP win seats,

I doubt it now that their objective has been achieved, to
see Britain leave the EU, unless it looks like the Torys are
fudging that or are about to be stupid enough to agree
to something like Norway and Switzerland have agreed to.

especially if the Conservative MPs
went against the Referendum.

Yes, but there is no evidence that they are going to be that
stupid and certainly won't be if Boris replaces Cameron.