Alex Bird

Default Why I don't have a plasma or LCD TV either

tweak wrote in message . ..

It's a s-vhs machine with 4 channel stereo options.(instead of
tracking down video signal it can burn down four fm audio channels
with better specs than cd audio. 105 dbs dynamic range vs 90 for cd
and signal to noise and w&f unmeasurable.)

I'm sure it kicks ass, but those numbers are just what you say -
specs. The 105 number is almost certainly down to the aggressive
companding used in hi-fi sound on video. Similar numbers were touted
for dbx, which sounded awful, not that I'm saying your machine does.
Most cd players cannot reach that theoretical dynamic range, and
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but almost no speakers or analogue
tape recording can either.
There's the little matter of the head switching too...

Check on e-bay in the professional video/audio sections.
Great deals to be had.

I might do that...

Alex