Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default Apprentice lost in London

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 16:34:44 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 23 June 2016 00:58:25 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 02:34:44 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 22:45:31 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news Nobody should ever have to live with a mortgage for 20 years.

Plenty do for 30 and wouldnt be able to have a house
at all without a mortgage even if they have no kids.

Just look at how much of what you pay back is interest, you could
have
bought 3 houses.

That isnt true with current interest rates.

£100K mortgage over 30 years at 4% interest = £324K paid back.

But anyone with even half a clue pays it back much more quickly than
that.

Tell em he of little clues how would you do that even
if you were lucky enough to be on teh average wage.

Even someone as stupid as you should be able to work that out.

If you're clever and have been to university ou';d have a debt of
about £30k to start with and that's before you start a mortgage.

Mate of mine's eldest has not only paid off his entire uni education
debt, he's also paying off his mortgage at a rate that will see it paid
off long before 30 years too. He's only been out of uni a few years too.

My niece has just had the house completely
rebuilt and has no mortgage at all.

Some is lucky and gets the good jobs. Most don't.

--
A worried father confronted his daughter one night.
"I don't like that new boyfriend, he's rough and common and bloody stupid with it."