Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Plenty of time to reverse the decision.

TimW wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Graham wrote
Capitol wrote
Michael Chare wrote

I pray that you are right. The petition now tops 3.16 million. It must
have broken records for the speed it has collected signatures

Pity they are invalid!

Dimbleby made an interesting aside on Friday morning. Something
to the effect that the electorate had indicated its preference to the
government. The implication being it was not necessarily binding.

In practice it is, because if the govt chose to ignore such an
unambiguous
result, at the next election the govt would get severely punished at the
ballot box and quite a few UKIP MPs would get elected and Britain
would leave and the govt would be stuck with those UKIP MPs.

the result was totally ambiguous, split right down the middle. Round here
we can't change the constitution of the Village Hall Committee without a
2/3 majority.

Referendums are done differently, for a reason. And that
referendum wasn’t about changing the constitution either.

Why you clowns think you can take the country out of the EU and break up
the United Kingdom with a crappy plebiscite is beyond me.

How odd that Britain joined with the same 'crappy
plebiscite' and we didn’t see you howling about that,
because that is what you wanted to see happen.

And there wasn’t even a 'crappy plebiscite' about
the formation of the United Kingdom either.