Posted to uk.d-i-y
TimW TimW is offline

Default Plenty of time to reverse the decision.

On 27/06/16 07:21, Rod Speed wrote:

"Graham." wrote in message
Capitol Wrote in message:
Michael Chare wrote:
On 26/06/2016 13:24, bm wrote:
Mark my words.

I pray that you are right. The petition now tops 3.16 million. It must
have broken records for the speed it has collected signatures

Pity they are invalid!

Dimbleby made an interesting aside on Friday morning. Something
to the effect that the electorate had indicated its preference to
the government. The implication being it was not necessarily
binding.

In practice it is, because if the govt chose to ignore such an unambiguous
result, at the next election the govt would get severely punished at the
ballot box and quite a few UKIP MPs would get elected and Britain
would leave and the govt would be stuck with those UKIP MPs.

the result was totally ambiguous, split right down the middle. Round
here we can't change the constitution of the Village Hall Committee
without a 2/3 majority. Why you clowns think you can take the country
out of the EU and break up the United Kingdom with a crappy plebiscite
is beyond me.

TW