Posted to alt.home.repair
Wally Gator Wally Gator is offline

Default Load capacity of 200-amp panel

On 06/26/2016 02:08 PM, wrote:

As I pointed out.. the tanning beds operate for no longer then 20 mins. So that would be the maximum time spent above the 200 amp line. But I still would like a better answer as to how far past I can go before I start tripping the main. In earlier posts I read that only after a sustained amp draw of 3 hours would it trip. If this is true then I shouldnt be anywhere close to having a problem if I am only doing 20 mins then a break then 20 mins etc. So could I go to 250 amps? or more? I understand what I am asking is pushing the rules, but would like a reasonable idea of how far past I can go. I want to purchase one more bed and if that puts me at 210-220 amps for 20 mins at a time, just want to know that I can do that without tripping my main etc.

Thoughts?

Maybe you could get a few more watts out of your panel if you installed some PC case fans to cool the breakers?

/sarcasm