Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ford F-150

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 12:34:25 -0700, Alexander Galaxy
wrote:

On 06/26/2016 05:59 AM, wrote:
The bed on my pickup has never seen the light of day. It has a tough
polymer slip-in liner that takes any abuse, protecting the steel bed.

are they better or worse than the sprayed in Rino Liner type coatings?

Significantly better as they are not bonded to the steel. They can
move a bit by themselves to absorb shock - and with ridges are almost
an inch thick

They move enough to wear the paint off the bed, and they trap water
underneath. But they will hide the resulting rust nicely.

Mine once moved enough by itself that I needed to pull over onto the
shoulder and then backup to retrieve it from its resting place alongside
the freeway.

Indeed!

---