Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.sys.hp.hardware,sci.electronics.repair

Default Horizontal streaks HP LaserJet 3200m scans

On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 23:09:21 -0500, Tony lizandtony at orcon dot net
dot nz wrote:

wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 22:45:51 -0500, Tony lizandtony at orcon dot net
dot nz wrote:

Micky wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 16:16:02 -0000 (UTC), "Emran M."
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 09:49:29 -0500, Ralph Phillips wrote:

Measure the distance between the streaks.

Using the downloadable service manual, or the "Print Quality" help page,
you can isolate which element is contributing to these streaks due to
how far apart they are (each of the rotating elements are a different
diameter, so their tell marks are different spacings apart.)

But the streaks are horizontal, while the rollers must (by nature)
be vertical???

I thought you put the 11" side first and notebook-sized paper moved 8
1/2 inches. So the rollers would be parallel to the 11" side.

I've read all your posts and they all seem to say that, except for
your conclusion that the rollers are vertical. I don't like either
horiz or vert, I don't know what they mean, but I do like parallel or
perpendicult to 11" side.

Does your owners manual have a troubleshooting section?
It is an A4, Letter and limited banner printer. that means that the short
edge
(8 1/2") of a sheet enters the printer so that edge is parallel to the
rollwers
in the printer.
Tony

Replace the cartridge/drum Assembly. From your clarification of terms
you have a defective or damaged image drum. I've seen likely a hundred
of them with that kind of problem (unable to see your image, but your
keyboard art tells the story)

His first post tells us that it only when scanning or copying, later posts
indicate (nearly but slightly unclearly) that it does not happen when printing
from a computer. That makes it a scanner engine problem, and rollers don't
cause scanner quality issues (only feed isues).
Tony

And scanner problems will only cause streaks in the direction of
paper flow in a sheet feed scanner - and then usually due to dirt on
the glass rod.

I believe I am the only poster who gave instructions based on
determining first if it is a printer or scanner issue.