Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default Talk about selfish old people..

En el artículo , Martin
Barclay escribió:

Then you don't love your country all that much do you, when you /also/
took out Spanish citizenship.

I never said I did.

I'm very fond of my native country and its eccentricities, especially
its willingness to stick two fingers up at the EU, but if you were to
ask me whether I identify more as British or European, I'd go for the
latter.

Perhaps the fact that I worked for a university for many years with a
large intake of professors, researchers and students from EU countries,
plus living and working in Spanish territory working with people from
all over Europe for 16 years, has coloured my views. They say travel
broadens the mind and it's absolutely, totally true especially when you
work with them and are not a passive observer (=tourist).

It saddens me that Brexit will narrow future opportunities for our young
people to live and work alongside our European cousins. But then,
developments today look interesting. Sturgeon has indicated willingness
to use her veto to prevent Britain's Article 50 process from being
ratified. In return, of course, she'll insist that we allow Scotland
another in/out of UK referendum. Seems a very fair deal to me.

Interesting times ahead for sure.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10