Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Talk about selfish old people..

On 25/06/16 19:15, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Steve Walker wrote:
On 25/06/2016 14:40, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , Tim
Streater escribió:

Only a **** would talk in these terms, Den.

Actually, for once, I agree with Dennis. (Shock horror! where's my
smelling salts?)

This referendum result has been to the detriment of younger people. The
vote carried out by the older and so-called "wiser" generation
has cut future generations off from Europe.

I would sincerely hope that, in the long term, leaving will actually
be of benefit to the young - I certainly hope that for my own
children.
My regret is that it's gonna royally **** up what's left of the UK
for young people who won't see any future here and will do one to
live in other countries while they can, resulting in massively
reduced tax revenues in rump-England, Scotland, NI, Gibraltar et al
having buggered off.

What, to the collapsing economies of a number of EU countries? Yes,
Germany is doing well, but the rest of the EU? Have you seen their
levels of youth unemployment?

And then what's going to pay for the meagre state pension, benefits
and NHS replacement livers, tickers, cancer treatment etc. etc. that
the oldies demand as their right?

Or maybe the UK will flourish and the majority will be happy staying
and working in the UK.

For the record, I'm 50 and semi-retired.

I'm 50 in a few months and fully expect to be working full-time and
paying taxes for many years. I also hope that my children will gain
good qualifications in solid subjects (eldest son has just taken his
options and chosen Triple Science, French, History and an extra after
school class for Latin). I hope that they will then be set up for a
"proper" degree, productive work, lifelong learning and to play their
part in society.

I can't see how French, History and Latin will get anybody a job in everyday
life.

That's because you are thick.

My sister got a highly paid jib at NATO on the basis of having English,
French and German, and teaching herself to type and speak Italian as
well. Latin of course is the key to being able to learn the Romance
languages rapidly.

All those documents that need to be in three or more languages.,

A friend I know with a Cambridge History degree is a financial analysts.

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."